Amla, or what’s fondly named as Indian gooseberry, is prominent in most regions of China. It thrives in almost all tropical countries in the good part of Asia. Studies show that Amla is composed of different compound mixtures and elements that have been observed to easily boost and strengthen health and immunity. It’s also known for its disease-fighting capacities. Extracts from these berries are used in traditional Indian medical practice known as Ayurvedic. In this article, we shall take a look at the benefits of amla powder to your desire to stay healthy.
Rich in Antioxidants
The powder from Indian gooseberry is rich in antioxidant vitamin C. It was revealed that the powder from amla can reduce oxidative stress within the body.
Promotes Healthy Hair
The extracts of this Indian gooseberry contributes to keeping your hair appear more glossy and shiny. Amla powder can be added to water and shampoo. Amla contains gallic acid which helps repair previously damaged hair from dye or other environmental effect.
Reduce High Cholesterol
A study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed the ability of amla in reducing high cholesterol in men aged 35 -55. The Vitamin C in amla helps in the dilation of blood vessels which causes blood pressure to drop.
Rich In Fiber
Amla powder contains fibers which supports digestion and stops constipation. It may also help lower acidity in the gut and prevents gall bladder infections. The powder of amla is also a good treatment for diabetes. It reduces the risk for gastrointestinal cancer and cancer of the respiratory tract. It also contains albumen, iron, calcium, phosphorus, proteins, and carbohydrates. It also helps treat problems in the digestive system and is an effective cure for constipation.
Other Benefits of Amla
- Amla powder contributes to giving you a glowing skin and keeps it hydrated. It can be an effective ingredient for a face mask combined with honey and yogurt for a natural glow. Leave it on and leave it to dry and then rinse. This will keep your skin smooth and clean.
- Amla contains anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce the acid level in the stomach and fights inflammation.
- Amla is effective as an anti-aging treatment. Consuming amla in any form can help slow down the aging process and contributes to a beautiful skin.
- Amla is effective for treating diabetes. It contains chromium which enhances the body’s response to insulin and can also regulate blood glucose levels.
- When combined with a teaspoon of honey, amla can also be effective as a blood purifier. It can also be mixed with jiggery and consumed daily. This will help in increasing hemoglobin count naturally.